Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Read-A-Lots!

Everyone who knows me knows that I love to read. I read 2 or 3 books a week. My husband bought me a Nook Tablet a couple years ago, but it pooped out last month and won't hold a charge and now I am stuck re-reading all the books I already had. I plan to hit up the library and get some fresh words in the house! You should too.

Maybe I am the only summer reading program nerd here, but I loved the summer reading program at my library when I was a kid. Did you know there are summer reading programs for grown-ups?! I am SO going to win some prizes this summer! Check out these local summer reading programs for kids and adults. Fresh books, and prizes! Nothing better.



Children's Summer Reading Programs


Hardin County Public Library - Dig into Reading! - This program has activities at both the Main Branch in Etown, and the North Branch in Radcliff. Check it out here: Dig Into Reading!


Barr Library - Have Book - Will Travel! - This program on Fort Knox has weekly events and prizes that the kids can earn. More information can be found here: Have Book - Will Travel


Louisville Free Public Library - Build Your Brain! - This program is for up to 5th grade and has some seriously awesome prizes like tickets to local attractions, including a ticket to a Bats game! Check it out here: Build Your Brain!

Teen Summer Reading Programs




Barr Library - Have Book - Will Travel! - This program has weekly events that look like lots of fun. I especially want to crash the Henna Tattoo event! I believe there are also prizes associated with reading.

Louisville Free Public Library - Reading is Elemental! - Awesome program for 6th - 12th graders with prizes that range from a $100 gift card down to free frosties and include lots of free passes to local attractions. Read more about this great teen program here: Reading is Elemental!

 

Adult Summer Reading Programs


Hardin county Public Library - Passport to Adventure! - I don't think there are any cool meet-ups planned for the grown-up reading program, but there is a raffle! Check out all the deets here: Passport to Adventure!

Barr Library - Have Book - Will Travel! - This is the first time that Barr Library is offering an adult summer reading program. There are no fancy gatherings with henna tattoos, but there are some cool prizes including signed bestseller books, and a Nook HD tablet!

No comments:

Post a Comment